Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Acadia National Park


Spending a few days in one of my favorite states – Maine. With its seemingly endless miles of densely forested hills and mountains interspersed with hundreds of lakes, there is just something magical about the scenery.
 I’ve been to Maine several times, but never ventured as far north as Acadia National Park, a region which I had heard was particularly awe-inspiring, so a few weeks ago I decided this was the year to remedy that omission.
I’ve only been here a couple of days, but I’m already in love with the place. Not only does it have the lakes and mountains, but being on the coast offers stunning vistas of the ocean at almost every turn of the road.  Yesterday we hiked up Cadillac Mountain, the highest peak on the Eastern coast. It’s only 2.2 miles to the top but the rocky path provides a good four hour work-out during the round trip. It’s well worth it. There are plenty of places to stop and catch your breath and take in the increasingly fabulous views of rugged coastline and numerous islands against the backdrop of the ocean.


Can’t help wondering why I waited so long to come here!



No comments:

Post a Comment